Logomarc Walpax
Tariff - Specials - Downloads

Search by theme or city



Choose a city



Choose categories

Beach

Business

Cruises

Ecotourism

Gastronomy

History / Culture

National Park

Our Selection

Resorts

Special Events

Sports

Sustainable Tourism

Trekking

Watersports / Diving

Whaling

Wildlife

World Heritage (UNESCO)


• Belo Horizonte


founded in 1897, was the first Brazilian city to use urban planning. Brazil's 3rd largest city, it is the home of 2.5 million inhabitants that contribute to its fast industrial development as the country's leading export in mineral ore, precious stones, diamonds, nickel and the plant of FIAT automobile manufacture. Belo Horizonte's main attraction is the Pampulha residential district that surrounds a lake. Juscelino Kubitschek, mayor of Belo Horizonte (president of Brazil, developed this area in the 50's in the 60's - who built Brasília). Pampulha holds testimony to the first essays of 3 men who achieved world renown: Oscar Niemeyer, Roberto Burle Marx and Candido Portinari. Oscar Niemeyer, after this project dedicated his time to design Brasília and many other international projects. Roberto Burle Marx, a landscape artist, has several projects that are known by the public, such as the Copacabana sidewalks made of colored granite stones and Rio de Janeiro's Flamengo Park as well as several other landscape projects in Europe and private homes. Candido Portinari, a painter is recognized as one of Brazil's top artists and his contribution to public buildings, like the former Culture Ministry building in Rio de Janeiro - decorated tile panels at the entrance portico.

Climate
Belo Horizonte's climate is mild throughout the year. Temperatures vary between 16ºC and 31ºC, the average being 21ºC. Winter is dry and summer is rainy.

How to get there
By Air: The Pampulha and Confins (Tancredo Neves) Airports receive flights from all Brazilian capitals and also international.
By Road: Belo Horizonte bus station has stops from buses coming from the main Brazilian cities.

« return